onsdag 25 juli 2018

Admiration


If we live a long life, the more things we have to struggle with. But there are people who get a lot of dozes from the body they live in. And they fight.

This man is wonderful. He suffers from all kinds of things that easily could bring anyone down. But he is content. Having problems to speak, having problems to swallow, having problems to get enough saliva and it goes on and on. Still, he is a vital man, curious about life and wants to participate in everything.

Interested in my progress in photography (brought him a stock of great photobooks today, that made him even happier), going to the theatre, the opera, exhibitions amongst other things. He lives his life.

I guess it has to do with having an absolutely wonderful wife by his side and the great family they made together.

But it also has to do with the way he handles life.

On the other hand I have a neighbour who is the contrary, who stopped living a long time ago. Sad.

But this man I admire so much. My uncle, the brother of my late father, who gave up a long time ago.