söndag 8 juli 2018

Aftermath


More than a year ago I got this brilliant idea. And that long before "me too".
But something came up in my life that I had to take care of and I still do. But now the time had come.

Often as a photographer or what I should call myself, I felt so lonely. I didn't go to schools that taught photography, but it was my call. What took three years when you went to school to study photography, took me fifteen years, and I did it by myself. The hardest school and it was hell many times, but in the backmirror I'm kind of proud. It was so tough, but according to my circumstances it was no alternative to study, even though I wanted to.

Today I realize that what I have done so far took a lot of strength. What I do now is not something I struggle to do, it was never an option, since photography could be one of my limbs. I live it. To quit was never in my mind. But that's not to say that my projects are damn tough to go through.

To the point. This weekend I invited three of the best photographers in the country. We spent so many hours together, talking about everything, laughing, swimming in the sea, eating and drinking, talking more and enjoying, really enjoying eachothers company. Us together, four strong photographers/artists. Learning, sharing together. No competition what so ever. We need each other. The strong compassion and passion in making images trying to say something. Releasing books, exhibitions.
I couldn't even dream of this twenty years ago.

Like everywhere, all the time, we have to fight against this "invisible" wall, the wall of men. But our time is now, we are stronger than ever. Imagine all the muscles we have had to grew in the fights, though losing. No more. We are here to stay.

Four strong women, Kicki Lundgren, Maja Kristin Nylander, Eva Lie. I'm happy to be one of them.