lördag 16 mars 2019

Analogue child


I´m not an internet child. It makes me crazy, literally. Everybody has everything in reach with a touch. I don´t think it´s healthy, practical, but not healthy. Not when it comes to being creative. For sure you can be creative now as well, but you need to know your history.

I am an analogue child. Recorded my cassettes from the radio, top charts of the seventies. My records of vinyl, loved them. My first camera, a Nikon FM2 with Tri-X 400 ASA film. I went to the darkroom to develop the film. Didn´t like it because it had to be completely dark and I always had fantasies that someone would lay a hand on my shoulder and that scared the shit out of me. But it had to be done. Developing the photos was easier, not totally dark, but also a challenge. Imagine that you have to make an exhibition of fifty photos. That is a challenge.

I´m so happy that I have been analogue! So thankful to my teachers who taught me everything I know. But the technique changes like always and I have, of course, adopted the digital camera. But I could never had done it without my knowledge from the analogue days. I do the same thing today, but I don´t have to deal with the darkness anymore...