söndag 14 april 2019

Reflections


Finally a day with sunshine and I went out to look at the view from my penthouse. High enough and away from the busy traffic.
I need to stop and reflect a little. Still I don't quite get that I'm here yet. But it's doing me good. I can feel it. The creativity is waking up in me that was burried for a long time. No pressure. Most of my pictures look terrible, but that doesn't matter. Just to bring the camera up to my eye again is a victory to me. It's still a long way to go and I take babysteps. In between I need to rest and listen to my brain...that is the way to go but difficult. Working on it.
To go away from the comfortzone is sometimes necessary to be able to look at yourself. To change things that are not good for you. Habits.
I write in my journal, I give myself guidelines to keep. I stumble, go back to read what I intended and get back on track. Over and over again.
It's so hard to stay focused and not to fall back. But only to be aware is a step into the right direction.
There are many things that one can do to feel more content and alive. Shut down media and stop to read the news. Start to write a journal, with a pen and paper, not digital. Be analogue.
Don't watch television. Read books. Meet up with friends and talk about life or don't talk, take a walk together. Be careful with alcohol. Sleep well and eat well. Care about what is close to you. Don't try to change what you can't, but what you can. Yourself.